Monday, October 4, 2010

ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

Worth Reading

 

Every person those who r far away from their parents for jobs should have to read this heart touching mail !!!

                                             ONE BEDROOM FLAT...

                        WRITTEN BY AN INDIAN SOFTWARE ENGINEER..
 

                                         A Bitter Reality

                        As the dream of most parents I had acquired a degree in
                      Software Engineering and joined a company based in USA , the
                      land of braves and opportunity. When I arrived in the USA , it
                                  was as if a dream had come true.
 

                       Here at last I was in the place where I want to be. I decided I
                       would be staying in this country for about Five years in which
                     time I would have earned enough money to settle down in India .

                     My father was a government employee and after his retirement,
                      the only asset he could acquire was a decent one bedroom flat.
 

                        I wanted to do some thing more than him. I started feeling
                     homesick and lonely as the time passed. I used to call home and
                     speak to my parents every week using cheap international phone
                    cards. Two years passed, two years of Burgers at McDonald's and
                       pizzas and discos and 2 years watching the foreign exchange
                        rate getting happy whenever the Rupee value went down.

                       Finally I decided to get married. Told my parents that I have
                       only 10 days of holidays and everything must be done within
                       these 10 days. I got my ticket booked in the cheapest flight.
                       Was jubilant and was actually enjoying hopping for gifts for
                       all my friends back home. If I miss anyone then there will be

Read More

 
doggy steps
doggy steps