Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Michael and his Roommate - Good One

Michael and his Roommate
 
One evening, Michael invited his mother over for dinner.
 
During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how beautiful Michael's female roommate was. She had long been

suspicious of a relationship between the two of them and this only made her more curious.
 
Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was indeed more between

them than just a roommate living situation.
 
Reading his mom's thoughts, Michael volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Joanne and I are just roommates."
 
Several days later, Joanne came to Michael and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver

gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"
 
"Well," said Michael, "I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure."
 
So he sat down and wrote his mother a letter:

 
Dear Mom,

 
Thank you for coming to dinner last week. 
It seems we are missing our silver gravy ladle. 
I'm not saying you 'did' take the gravy ladle, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
 
Love,
Michael

 

A couple days later, Michael received a reply:
 
Dear Son,
 
Thank you for inviting me to dinner last week. 
I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Joanne, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Joanne.

But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now.
 
Love,
Mom

 



The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

 
doggy steps
doggy steps